Anchor NW Property Group Screening Criteria Disclosure
- All applicants 18 years and older shall submit a completed application that is legible, verifiable, and accurate.
- Demeanor and behavior of applicants during the application process will be considered. The landlord reserves the right to request the presence of all occupants for the application interview.
- Any information provided that is incomplete, inaccurate, or falsified shall be grounds for denial of the application or subsequent termination of tenancy upon determination of such falsified information.
- Any individual whose tenancy may constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of any individual, the complex or the property of others, will be denied.
- Positive, current, government issued identification with a picture which allows for complete screening for criminal and credit qualifications as set forth in this document will be required.
- Any applicant currently using illegal drugs will be denied. If approved for residency and later illegal drug use is confirmed, eviction will result.
- Renter’s Insurance is required with policy limits of at least $100,000.00.
- Upon receipt of the rental application and screening fee, Owner/Agent will conduct a search of public records to determine whether the applicant or any proposed tenant has charges pending for, been convicted of, or pled guilty or no context to, any: drug-related crime; person crime; sex offense; crime involving financial fraud, including identity theft and forgery; or any other crime if the conduct for which the applicant was convicted or is charged is of a nature that would adversely affect property of the landlord or a tenant or the health, safety or right of peaceful enjoyment of the premises of residents, the landlord or the landlord’s agent.
- A single conviction, guilty plea, no contest plea or pending charge for any of the following shall be grounds for denial of the rental application. If there are multiple convictions, guilty pleas or no contest pleas on the applicant’s record, Owner/Agent may increase the number of years by adding together the years in each applicable category. Owner/Agent will not consider expunged records.
- Murder, manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide, aggravated vehicle manslaughter, class A felonies involving arson, rape, kidnapping, child sex crimes, where the date of disposition, release or parole has occurred in the last 20 years.
- Class A felonies not included above for drug-related crimes, person crimes, sex offenses, financial fraud crimes, burglary, where the date of disposition, release or parole has occurred in the last 10 years.
- Class B felony for drug-related crimes, person crimes, sex offenses, financial fraud crimes, aggravated theft, where the date of disposition, release or parole has occurred in the last 7 years.
- Class C felony for drug-related crimes, person crimes, sex offenses, financial fraud crimes, burglary, theft, criminal mischief, coercion, animal abuse, where the date of disposition, release or parole has occurred in the last 5 years.
- Class A misdemeanor for drug-related crimes, person crimes, sex offenses, financial fraud crimes, criminal impersonation, violation of a restraining order, criminal mischief, stalking, disorderly conduct, unlawful possession of a firearm, possession of burglary tools, where the date of disposition, release or parole has occurred in the last 3 years.
- Class B misdemeanor for drug-related crimes, person crimes, sex offenses, financial fraud crimes, disorderly conduct, where the date of disposition, release or parole has occurred within the last 18 months.
Criminal Conviction Review:
- Upon receipt of a request from an applicant in regards to a denial or possible denial of application due to criminal conviction, Landlord shall engage in an individualized assessment of the applicant(s) conviction(s).
- Applicants may provide supporting documentation with the request including, but not limited to:
- Letters from parole, probation, caseworkers, therapists, counselors, employers and/or teachers
- Certification of completion of treatment, trainings and/or rehabilitation programs.
- Proof of employment.
- Statement from applicant.
- Applicant(s) need 12 month verifiable income. Income shall be approximately 3 times the rent or extra security deposit may be required. At the time of application, it shall be the obligation of the applicant(s) to provide proof of legal source of income by submitting copies of supporting documentation.
- Debt to income ratio will be considered.
- Negative or adverse debt showing on consumer credit report may require additional security deposits.
- Three or more unpaid collections (not related to medical or student loan expense) may require additional security deposits.
- Any monies owed directly or through a collection agency to another Apartment complex, Property Management Company, or Landlord may result in denial of application.
- Applicant must provide verifiable proof of 12 months contractual rental history or home ownership. If unable to do so, additional security deposit may be required.
- Must have five (5) years eviction free history.
- No more than two 72 hour notices within one year.
- No more than two dishonored checks within one year.
- No more than three late payments within one year.
- Rental history reflecting past due, unpaid rent or damages may result in denial of application.
- Occupancy is based on the number of bedrooms in a unit. Two persons are allowed per bedroom. Applicants may appeal this policy, which will be reviewed on a case by case basis with management.
If an applicant fails to meet these criteria one of the following may occur: (1) Application may be denied, (2) additional security deposit may be required, (3) the requirement of a co-signer who will also be required to meet the screening criteria.